|Mohs Scale Hardness||5.5-6.5|
Concretes Containing Hematite for Use as Shielding Barriers
Heavy weight concrete is widely used for radiation shielding of nuclear reactors and other structures that require radiation impermeability. Aggregates play here an important role – while hematite and other iron ores are commonly used for the purpose.
Concrete is considered to be an excellent and versatile shielding material; it is widely used for shielding nuclear power plants, particle accelerators, research reactors, laboratory hot cells and medical facilities. Concrete is a relatively inexpensive material, it can be easily handled and cast into complex shapes. It contains a mixture of various light and heavy elements and a capability for attenuation of photons and neutrons.Why Choose Kedia Iron Ore?
- High iron (Fe) content of all products.
- Low undersized of lump ore.
- Breaks down less during handling and transportation, so customers receive a larger fraction of valuable lump ore.
- Creates less dust during handling and transportation so there is less ore loss and less impact on the environment.
- Has an excellent thermal shock resistance. This means that less fines are formed in the top of the blast furnace and therefore fewer of these fine particles are lost to the off-gas and the burden becomes more permeable.
- Breaks down less during reduction in the top part of the blast furnace. This means there is lower fines formation in the blast furnace, which increases permeability of the burden and less coke is needed.
- Increased sinter plant productivity as a result of a coarser fine ore so this counters the finer sinter feed material in the market, thereby increasing permeability.
- Pay Mode Terms: L/C (Letter of Credit),T/T (Bank Transfer)
- Port of Dispatch: ALL PORTS OF INDIA